Monday, June 16, 2014

Tween Vintage Horse Party

Belle's 11th Birthday Vintage Tween Horse Party 

Inspired by my daughter’s love for horses and all things girly





 






 
 

 
 
PARTY DETAILS
 
My daughter Belle fell in love with horses just recently after a friend invited us to go horseback riding.  After our first ride she told me she was hoping that her horse was gong to be a white one, and that is exactly what Laser was, a beautiful white Arabian horse.  Of course after that she wanted a horse theme party for her 11th Birthday.  I went to work looking on Pinterest and party blogs. Most of the horse theme parties I came across were not age appropriate for tweens.  While on vacation I started working with Lori Harris owner of Swoon Designs to assist in creating Belle's Vintage Horse Party.  I only had one day to pull it all together after we returned home from vacation.  I am so grateful for the help of my mom and husband, I couldn't' have done it with out them.
 
For the decorations,  The majority of the larger furniture props where rented from Lori at Swoon Designs. My favorite rental piece was the antique mantel we used as a photo booth.  I was able to use fillers from around my house to decorate the mantle.  The floral topiary was my wedding bouquet that my late Aunt Sue had made and the vintage water basin was my late grandmother's.  I created the majority of the other decorations, including the burlap banner, burlap table runner, burlap horse shoe wreath,  tassel fringe, cupcake toppers, cake topper, burlap and lace mason jars.  I also created the pink pallet sign and had Vinyl Chatter add the white  horse silhouettes.
 
When the kids arrived in the park they started with the horse rides, as girls would finish they would head over to the photo booth for pictures with their friends. They really enjoyed decorating the chalkboard frames and posing for pictures.  After everyone had several turns on the horses we gave the horses a rest and the kids feed them carrots.  Then we headed over to the dessert table for some yummy treats.  The kids were served caramel apples, chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate dipped Oreos, oatmeal crème pies, rice krispie treats, and s'mores trail mix and of course cake.  My dearest friend Stacie Wilson owner of Sweet Sinclair's Cakes, Cupcakes, Cookie Cake etc..... made it for Belle.  They drank homemade lemonade and in mason jars  decorated with burlap, lace, twine and decorative paper straws.
 
For favors the guest took home goodie bags filled with a decorative frame, vintage lollipops and some homemade kettle corn. In the frame I added a chalkboard printable.  Below is the printable I designed for the frames to match the party theme.
You can order the matching invitation in my Artfire Store:
 
 
 
 
 
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
Printables and Decorations: So Cute Parties
Prop Rental: Swoon Designs
Vinyl Sign: Vinylchatter
Horse Rental : Vickie's Horses to Hamsters
 

1 comment:

  1. Heather you are one of the most talented visonary artist I know. I loved my time working with you but more blessed to be your friend. LOVE LOVE LOVE your vision for belles party!

    ReplyDelete